We’re already gearing up for the holidays and in this month’s issue of The Highland Woodturner, we released our Woodturner’s Holiday Gift Guide – full of tools, books, and other gifts that would be perfect for any woodturner.
This month’s issue also includes:
- Tool Review: Silky Gomboy Saw – Curtis Turner gives an overview of the Japanese Silky Gomboy Folding Saw and how even though it isn’t made specifically as a “turning” tool, turners can definitely find benefits in this tool to help them harvest wood for turning.
- Temple Blackwood goes over the turning process of belaying pins, while also discussing the methods he uses when putting on a live turning demonstration.
- Bill Rosener has a great turning project for storing all the crayons and colored pencils lying around the house that need an easily accessible and aesthetically pleasing home. Check out his turned Grand Piano Pencil Holder project.
- Phil Colson has a helpful tip for always being able to find your pencil in your shop!
- Rodney Miller, a disable veteran, shares his beautiful turned bowls and other projects in this month’s Show Us Your Woodturning.
All of this and more in our November 2014 issue of The Highland Woodturner.